Monday, March 19, 2007

Classic Game Room Explodes Online

Finally, another Classic Game Room related post! I've been very busy writing and dealing with numerous computer related issues over the past few weeks. Computers are the enemy. Anyway, to make a long story short, the last thing I've wanted to do recently is look at ANOTHER computer when I get home. Instead I'd rather grill or watch Battlestar Galactica (the 1978 version) or walk Stella the Wonderdog with the Mrs.

Stella the Wonderdog

Speaking of which, Stella the Wonderdog is now an online sensation.

I've been enjoying working on Classic Game Room so much that it got me back into classic gaming after a brief hiatus away from my old-school consoles. In fact, in an upcoming post I'll show how I hooked my Sega Genesis up to my HDTV.

I thought it would be fun to introduce new fans to Classic Game Room and thought Stella would like to help out with some new episodes. And apparently it works, lots of new gamers are discovering the Classic Game Room on YouTube. Hopefully the battle hardened, original fans from the 90's and 2k are also happy to see some of the classics up there. The following video is what happens when Stella has to defend Puppyland from alien invaders in the first original, new review in 7 years:



Stella the Wonderdog reviews Defender for the Atari 2600! I cut this together on a smaller editing system, so its not as sharp as I might like. I'm hoping to put it on an upcoming DVD with the real, uncompressed video and proper, crisp picture quality and color correction. I shot it on a Sony Handycam in Digital 8 with a wide angle lens converter (with the exception of her running down the stairs which was a pickup on my Canon powershot, but I'll reshoot that for the DVD)

Another video game review with Stella is in the works shot on the Canon XL1, look for it in a week or so. Its even better than the first... perhaps? And her third and fourth are also in my head and will get made if I can find the time. If the Classic Game Room DVD does well I can make lots of these and put them on DVD with 5.1 surround sound and we'll start reviewing Genesis games again.

The Classic Game Room film release date is coming soon. Editing is complete and its a lot of fun. We're making the DVD now. It takes forever to get all the details together and coordinate with distribution. But its coming!!!! www.ClassicGameRoom.net

Stella the Wonderdog the classic video game reviewer

The photos of Stella were shot with a Canon Rebel XTi with the 70-300mm IS lens in room lighting.

No comments: