Monday, January 1, 2007

2007, its like the future and stuff

2007 is here and when I was a kid I figured we'd all be living in space ships and traveling to the moon for random road trips. I'd be driving a DeLorean that could go back in time and rock out to Van Halen on cassette tapes. Not so much. The modern era is more like a repeat of the Lyndon B. Johnson years if you ask me. Except now I can rock out to Van Halen on iTunes.

Panama!!!!

I enjoyed the star studded, exciting new years eve of an independent documentary filmmaker. My wife and I cooked dinner and did nothing. It was awesome. We enjoyed our first new years with our dog, Stella.

Mein Hund liebt Bier

I've been doing a lot of photography recently with a new camera and gearing up for filming this winter and spring. I'm breaking in some brand new lenses to be used on some upcoming documentary films (much more info on these coming soon). So lucky for Stella I've been taking thousands of pictures of her.

Stella is a huge Duran Duran fan

The camera I'm using for still photo work both professionally and for fun is the Canon Rebel XTi digital SLR. These shots are taken with the EFS 17-85mm IS lens.

Feed me

She was laying in a patch of open sunlight and clearly became annoyed after about 200 shots and demanded food.

Feed me now

On new year's eve day we went out to the dog park and gave her a chance to stretch her legs, run around the park, play with other dogs and get covered in mud. We all had a great time and I spent some time with my 70-300mm IS zoom lens. I need to tweak my settings a bit but I got some pretty neat shots, she's a fast dog, much faster on her feet than most of the monuments and statues that I usually photograph.

I'm free!!!

Once she hits 88mph she goes back in time to 1984 and rocks.

Why does he keep taking pictures of me?

She really enjoys play time with other dogs.

Stella and sheltie

At the dog park I was shooting at about 300mm full zoom and had a heck of a time keeping her in the frame. Of course it was much easier when she wasn't running. I caught part of a coat in this shot but its a nice snapshot of the dogs.

Feed me, please

Stella is a 1 year old German Shepherd/Chow Chow mix from the Western Pennsylvania Human Society. You can see the black and red spotted tongue in these pictures which is very unique.

In production news, Classic Game Room: The Rise and Fall of the Internet's Greatest Video Game Review Show begins filming this week. Photos to come of the production shoot. New documentary information is on the horizon with an exciting new High Definition historical film that I will be producing and directing over the next few months. I'm sure there will be many photos of Stella in the coming year as well since she's a never ending source of lively entertainment.

I'm runnin' with the devil!

No comments: